Saturday 14 April 2012

The Exhibition.

For our module it is compulsory to exhibit your work within a public place of your choice.

Myself and four other fellow students are exhibiting in MelloMello, Slater Street, Liverpool.

MelloMello is cafe/ bar, a bohemian space with a alternative feel. I have always felt strongly about putting art within a public space. So that people can view, observe and absorb your work take it in and let it influence their views and have an impact on their day. I felt that my pieces and ideas originating from the cafe environment that they would work best within that environment. The environment were my idea originated. With people surrounding the work drinking tea and coffee looking at my work and subconsciously taking in the meaning. The people surrounding the work automatically become the work. After all the pieces are metaphors for human presence, human behaviour and the everyday. The faces are imaginary beings that I have witnessed on my travels so in some ways they become the work.

The exhibition is titled 'Rituals a practice in progress' with the idea being that because we are second years that our practice is not complete and we did not in some ways did not want to label it complete because in our opinion nothing is ever complete.

No comments:

Post a Comment